Below is our Itinerary for the trip:
Monday, June 27
- 8 am – Leave San Antonio
- 1 pm – Arrive in Kauffman, TX to stay with Granny. We’ll hang out, help her with any move and get some rest before heading out on the big part of our adventure
Tuesday, June 28
- 10 am – Leave Granny’s, make sandwiches for lunch, pack any snacks, etc.
- 12:30 pm – Arrive Hugo, Oklahoma to have lunch. There is a little place called Frisco Depot we plan to stop by which is a transportation museum and park. It looks like a fine place for a picnic.
- 5 pm – Arrive Hot Springs, Arkansas where we will camp at Lake Catherine State Park.
Wednesday, June 29
- 7 am – Leave camp and eat breakfast in the car
- 8 am – Arrive Little Rock, Arkansas to do something
- 10 am – Arrive in Memphis, TN. We planned on Graceland initially, but we think that would not be as appreciated by the kids so likely going to the Civil Rights Museum.
- 1 pm – Leave for Nashville, TN
- 4:30 pm – Arrive Nashville, TN where we will stroll along the street and listen to music
Thursday, June 30
- 7 am – Leave Nashville, TN, eat continental breakfast at hotel
- 9 am – Arrive in Bowling Green, KY. Plan on doing the Lost River Cave Tour, but we will see how that goes, depending on finances
- 12 pm – Leave Bowling Green, KY
- 3 pm – Arrive Lexington, KY and possibly go to the horse museum
- 6 pm – Arrive Charleston, WV where we will stay in a hotel.
Friday, July 1
- 9 am – Depart Charleston, WV
- 11 am – Arrive Fort Chiswell, VA, find something to do
- 1 pm – Depart Fort Chiswell, VA
- 4 pm – Arrive Linville, NC. Checking into the camp area where we are able to stay. They will be serving dinner there.
Saturday, July 2 through Wednesday, July, 6
- Check in to camp
- Camp and dance activities
Thursday, July 7
- Check out of camp facility
- Check in to Mountain Delight Cabin with some fellow dance families the Edds and Crawfords.
- Eat at cabin, relax, decompress from camp
Friday, July 8
- This is the day we should do the games. Nobody is dancing Friday, so it is a good time to check out all the other things there is to do.
- Eat in the cabin, early to bed
Saturday, July 9
- 1:30 pm – Competition – Good luck to all the dancers!!
- Leave after dance, hang at the cabin, eat there, early to bed, competition next day
Sunday, July 10
- 8 am – Competition
- 2 pm – Leave Grandfather Mountain
- 8 pm – Arrive Wilmington, NC to stay with Aunt Aileen
Monday, July 11 through Tuesday, July 12
Wednesday, July 13
- 8 am – Leave Wilmington, NC
- 12 pm – Arrive Charleston, SC and find something to do
- 1 pm – Leave Charleston, SC
- 3 pm – Arrive Savannah, GA find something to do
- 4 pm – Leave Savannah, GA
- 6 pm – Arrive Little Talbot Island, FL Staying at Talbot Island State Park.
Thursday, July 14
- 7 am – Leave Little Talbot Island, FL
- 1 pm – Arrive Mobile, AL
- 2 pm – Arrive Biloxi, MS
- 4 pm – Arrive New Orleans, LA where we are staying at Mardi Gras RV Park & Hotel
Friday, July 15
- Spend the day in NOLA
- 7 pm – Leave NOLA to head to Houston
Saturday, July 16
- 1 am – Arrive in Houston, sleep
- 11 am – head home
- 2 pm – drop kids at Emo’s so we can all have some non-planned rest
After this is over, we will have been to:
- West Virginia
- North Carolina
- South Carolina